Program detailsCredential: 2-Year Ontario College Diploma
This two year program focuses on the restaurant and hotel sectors and is designed to provide students with balanced training that combines theory and practical experience in restaurant operations, front office operations, customer service, people management, hands-on food preparation, and financial controls needed in the Hospitality industry. Co-op terms can be completed in a restaurant, hotel, catering or other approved food and beverage facility either locally or across Canada. In addition, courses such as communication, computer skills, marketing, and nutrition ensure graduates are well rounded to meet the demands of industry.
Student availability & wage data
Conestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year 1||Classes||Classes||Work Term*: $11–17|
*Note: students are available for work term in the following semesters: fall (September to the end of December); spring (May to the end of August).
Conestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students and offers suggested ranges as a service to employers for the purpose of establishing fair and competitive compensation.
Our experience has been that employers increase wages as skills increase, particularly when employing students for more advanced work terms. The Co-operative Education Office can provide assistance to employers in establishing appropriate wage rates.
Work term capabilities
- Apply general knowledge of the tourism industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing tourism destinations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Tourism Distribution System
- Apply tour and travel costing and planning
- Knowledge of niche tourism markets
- Apply presentation and team management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of evnts, conference, business and tourism industry
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with front office software
- Familiar with Sabre Reservation System
- Provide excellent customer service in frontline tourism and hospitality environments
- Smart Serve certified
- Food Safety Certificate
Sample job titles
- Dining Room or Banquet Server
- Management Trainee
- Hotel Front Office Agent
Contact informationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant
519-748-5220 ext. 5137