Fall 2020 co-op work term and COVID-19
Please note the following changes in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation:
- Work term minimum length: reduced from 12 weeks to 8 weeks or 280 hours.
- Students are available September 8. The last day for a student to begin work is October 26.
- Interviews will be held remotely wherever possible.
- Where possible, we urge our employer partners to offer co-op work terms for students to safely work remotely from their homes.
- Businesses and services that have been deemed essential, who commit to adhering to safe workplace practices and are offering paid co-op work terms, may proceed to employ students for work terms taking place onsite.
Conestoga is seeking employers who can:
- Provide career-related work experience.
- Acknowledge that the student is hired in an employee-employer relationship.
- Provide duties and responsibilities related to the objectives of the program of study.
- Pay wages as negotiated between the employer and the student.
- Provide orientation, training and on-going supervision.
- Employ the student for no less than the minimum number of hours required per work term.
- Provide Co-op & Career Services with feedback at the mid-term point of each work term.
- Inform the Co-op Office of any concerns with student performance or changes to the co-op work term.
- Assign progressive responsibility and/or exposure to new challenges during multiple work terms.
- Provide the student with a completed written performance evaluation at the conclusion of the work term.
Conestoga College recognizes that accessibility is a college-wide responsibility and is committed to ensuring that its programs, services and facilities are accessible through an ongoing process facilitated by the College Accessibility Committee.
Learn more about Accessibility at Conestoga.