Eligibility and Confirmation of Enrolment
To be eligible for a Canada Apprenticeship Loan, the apprentice must meet EACH of the following conditions:
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person
- Be registered in a Red Seal trade apprenticeship program
- Be enrolled in block release technical training or the equivalent full-time technical training with an approved technical training provider
- Pass a credit check (required when applying for the first time).
Who is not eligible?
- High school students (unless enrolled in adult learning/professional upgrading classes)
- Apprentices receiving a Canada Student Loan for the same technical training
- Apprentices who are restricted from receiving a Canada Apprentice Loan or a Canada Student Loan
- Apprentices who have already received funding for five periods of technical training
- Apprentices who have already received six years of interest-free status
Confirmation of Enrolment
Confirmation of enrolment in technical training is required for disbursement of funding to eligible apprentices.