Admissions - September 2022
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with mature student status (See Mature Student definition for details.)
- Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1250)
- Grade 12 Mathematics, C or U (75% in MCT4C or 65% in MHF4U or MCV4U), or equivalent, or 75% in Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics for Technology & Apprenticeship (MATH1385)
- Grade 11 or 12 Physics, C or U, or equivalent
- For more information on preparatory programs, visit Academic Upgrading
Note re: admission requirements
- Applicants not meeting the mathematics or English admission requirements may arrange for pre-admission testing to assess subject ability.
- Applicants must meet Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre or Great Lakes Helicopter conditions.
- An academic strength is calculated by averaging the submitted marks of required subjects. Minimum academic strength considered is 70%. If more than one mark is received for a required subject, the highest mark will be used in the calculation.
- Ten (10) additional marks are added to each Advanced level, OAC, U, U/C, and post-secondary course used in the calculation of academic strength.
- A sound mathematical and English background is important for success in this program and is considered during the admission selection process. The minimum required grade cut-offs are: academic strength of 70% with a minimum math mark of 75% in MCT4C or equivalent, or 65% in one of MHF4U or MCV4U. Meeting minimum cutoffs does not guarantee an offer of admission.
- Admission decisions are based on the marks available in mid-February. This may be a combination of final grades in required courses, mid-term grades in required courses, or marks from relevant Grade 11 courses may be used temporarily until second semester grades are available.
- Applicants meeting minimum academic requirements are invited to begin the selection process, which requires them to:
- Attend a mandatory information session to learn more about the program design, the aviation industry, and financial challenges.
- Attend a mandatory Personal Acceptance Interview with one of the flight centres.
- Applicants must also apply to, and meet, Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre or Great Lakes Helicopter conditions.
- The program courses are taught at Conestoga College's Doon campus and at the Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre or Great Lakes Helicopter. Applicants must be accepted by Conestoga College as well as one of our flight-training centres.
- Basic computer literacy skills would be an asset.
- Before flight training begins, students must provide either the Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre (fixed-wing option) or Great Lakes Helicopter (helicopter/rotary-wing option) with a current and valid Transport Canada Category I Medical Certificate.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.