Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours)
- College Code:
- Engineering & Technology
- Program Code:
- Accelerated Delivery:
- Academic Year:
- 2020 / 2021
Credit Transfer/Degree Completion Opportunity: Bachelor of Interior Design
Conestoga College offers the ability for a degree completion in the Bachelor of Interior Design program.
Who can apply?
- Graduates from advanced diploma programs in interior design who meet the admission requirements.
Degree completion admission requirements:
- Applicants must have 70 per cent or higher program average from a previous interior design program.
- Applicants must attend an interview and portfolio review.
- Applicants must have either a 4U, 3U, or 3M math credit from secondary school or equivalent math credit from their post-secondary studies.
- Applicants without the required math credit must complete an approved math course prior to being admitted. Options for this include:
- OLRN1425 Technical Mathematics - an online math course that is available each semester (fall, winter, spring) through Conestoga’s Continuing Education
- MDM4U Mathematics of Data Management - available online through the Independent Learning Centre
- Any other math course that meets the admission requirements and has been pre-approved by the program coordinator or Chair.
- Transfer credits are awarded for diploma courses and students are placed into a modified year 3 of the degree program in September.
How to apply?
- Applications are made through ontariocolleges.ca by selecting Level 6 of Conestoga's Bachelor of Interior Design program.
- Applicants are required to submit transcripts from their advanced diploma program, even if it is yet to be completed.
- Applicants will then be invited to attend an interview/portfolio review. These are held on an ongoing basis and can be completed in person or via Skype. It is recommended that an application be made before February 1.
- The portfolio must include studio work from the advanced diploma program and/or professional practice and should demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in interior design.
For more information, please contact:
Program Assistant, School of Engineering & Technology
A2205, Cambridge Campus
519-748-5220, ext. 4604
Program status for international students