Admissions - September 2022
- An Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education, recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators Ontario.
Note re: admission requirements
- Applicants possessing degrees/diplomas from institutions where the language of instruction was not English will be required to provide test scores as evidence of their English language proficiency. Test scores, if required, would be a minimum of TOEFL 580 with a TWE of 4.5 or iBT 88; IELTS 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0; CAEL 70 with no sub-test band scores less than 60; CAAT D at 65%; or equivalent scores in other recognized standard tests of English.
- We offer a language program for students whose English language skills are below the standard required for admission, but all other admission criteria have been met. An applicant will be eligible for admission to the graduate certificate program after completion of level 4 of the General Arts and Science - English Language Studies (ELS) program with an overall grade average of 80% and no grade less than 75%. Placement in the ELS program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS.
- Submit proof of admission requirements.
- Final selection is made following an assessment of the admission requirements.
- Mandatory practicum health and safety requirements must be completed by students prior to student field/clinical placements. Successful placement completion is required for students to progress to program completion. To qualify for field/clinical placement learning experiences, students must present the following at the start of the program in accordance with pre-admission information provided by the College:
- A complete immunization record including MMR and Tdap. Seasonal flu vaccination is recommended during flu season (October - March).
- TB Testing: Evidence of current 1-step TB Testing (Current testing = completed with 1 year of your program start date)
- Standard First Aid and CPR - Level C
- A Police Check for Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS). Police Checks must be clear of any unpardoned criminal offences. An unclear criminal record may result in the inability to participate in field placement/clinical which will jeopardize progress in the program. Acceptance for placement is at the discretion of the agency; some agencies may request students to provide a VSS completed within six months of placement start date. Students with criminal records are advised to meet with the program chair for academic counselling to determine program suitability.
- Students entering the ECE Resource Consultant program are expected to have behaviours imperative for the ECE field: self-reflection, responsibility, honesty, integrity, punctuality, strong written, oral and non-verbal communication skills, and solid problem-solving abilities.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
Learn more about PLAR.
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.