Admissions - May 2023
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, OR 19 years of age or older
- Applicants to the program will be required to write the in-house Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) to determine placement in the correct level of the program . Results from Internationally recognized English language tests such as the IELTS or TOEFL, will be reviewed in conjunction with your CELT results.
- Note: The CELT test has been temporarily suspended. Please contact the program coordinator if you do not have IELTS or TOEFL.
- The following criteria must be met in order to progress to the next level of the program:
- Students must pass all core courses; the minimum passing mark is 70%.
- Students who fail two (2) or more courses must retake all core courses at that level.
- Students who fail one (1) core course may be allowed to continue at the discretion of the department.
- Students who fail more than one (1) core course in the same level twice will be discontinued from the program.
- Level 4 students who fail two or more core courses must retake all core courses at Level 4.
One core course failed at Level 4 must be retaken, and a maximum of three (3)
credits may be allowed in that semester in some diploma programs in the
- CORE COURSES: Listening/Speaking, Pronunciation, Writing, Reading, Canadian Perspectives 1 & 2.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.