Admissions - January 2022
- A two- or three-year diploma or a degree from an accredited college or university in a related field OR a minimum of 5 years of related full-time formal work experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants from traditional design/illustration programs as well as programs within the fields of media and design, such as graphic design, web design, interactive design, broadcast media/technologies, or where course work included the equivalent. Interested applicants from computer programming, computer science or engineering programs are also encouraged to apply.
- Related full-time formal experience may include positions as illustrators, artists, graphic designers, web designers, packaging or industrial designers, programmers, design engineers, communication professionals, or from the fields of human resource management, training, education or equivalent. Such applicants must provide a resume and work-related references.
Note re: admission requirements
- Applicants with transcripts from institutions where the language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency with a minimum test score on one of the following language proficiency tests or equivalent scores from another internationally recognized English language test:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 88
- CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) Band 6 We offer a language program for students whose English language skills are below the standard required for admission but all other admission criteria have been met. An applicant will be eligible for admission to the graduate certificate program after completion of level 4 of the General Arts and Science - English Language Studies (ELS) program with an overall grade average of 80% and no grade less than 75%. Placement in the ELS program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS.
- Submit proof of admission requirements.
- Applicants not meeting the credential requirement must submit a resume, work-related references, and a letter of application outlining relevant experience. Please submit these documents directly to the Conestoga College Admissions Office.
- Final acceptance is based on a review of the admission requirements.
- This is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.