Admissions - January 2022
- An Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in science or engineering (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science/Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering).
- Please note that a 2-year diploma credential obtained outside of Ontario currently does not meet the minimum ranking requirement for entrance into this program.
- Applicants will be ranked based on an assessment of length of degree/diploma, level of degree, degree/diploma discipline, and academic performance.
Note re: admission requirements
- A general chemistry course at the post-secondary level is strongly recommended.
- Applicants with documents (transcripts) from an educational institution from a country other than Canada must have their documents evaluated for equivalency at an approved provider of credential evaluation services. Applicants to this program require a Comprehensive or Course-by-Course Report. Please see How to Apply for more information.
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Windows, word processing, and spreadsheets is expected.
- Applicants with transcripts from institutions where the language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency with a minimum test score on one of the following language proficiency tests or equivalent scores from another internationally recognized English language test:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 88
- CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) Band 6
- Conestoga offers a language program for students whose English language skills are below the standard required for admission but all other admission criteria have been met. Students will be eligible for admission to the graduate program after completion of level 4 of the General Arts and Science - English Language Studies (ELS) program with an overall grade average of 80% and no grade less than 75%. Placement in the ELS program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS.
- Submit proof of admission requirements.
- Applicants will be ranked based on an assessment of their academic background, including:
- length of program and type of credential;
- area of study and its affinity with the Structural packaging Design program
- overall academic performance.
Students in this program are required to bring mobile devices that meet minimum specified requirements.
Pathways and credit transfer
Often applicants have earned credits from another college or university that may allow a student to be granted advanced standing or exemption. Learn more about credit transfer opportunities at Conestoga.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
Learn more about PLAR.
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.