Frequently Asked Questions

Is financial assistance available to me? If so, in what form?

Student Financial Services provides financial support, information, advice and services to help achieve your post-secondary goals. Please visit us at Financial Services, in-person at the Welcome Centre (Doon campus), or by phone at 519-748-5220, ext. 3378.

There are a number of options for you to consider when deciding how to finance your post-secondary education. The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) promotes equal access to post-secondary studies by providing loans and grants to assist with direct educational costs and living expenses. For more information, please visit the OSAP website.

Conestoga College offers $500 to $1,000 Entrance scholarships for full-time, domestic students who demonstrate academic excellence and financial need. Please visit Awards, Bursaries, Scholarships and Academic Grants.

Conestoga College offers bursaries to assist with financial emergencies or ongoing financial need, as well as awards and scholarships that recognize excellence. Please visit Financial Services.

Can my parents or partner ask you about my college records?

Under current provincial law, a student's records are considered confidential and will be released to a third party only upon the written authorization of the student or by exception as noted under the Release of Information section of the Student Guide. Information collected in student records will be used to administer the programs and activities of the college. While student records are the property of the college, students have the right to view their own records upon request. Student records may include personal, academic and non-academic information (for example, identification photographs). For more information, please view the Student Records or Student Rights page.

Where do I park and do I have to pay?

All information regarding parking applications, regulations, procedures and fees can be found on the Parking Services page.

Is there a library on campus?

A virtual library that contains many resources is available to all students and can be accessed by using your LRC PIN. Doon and Cambridge campuses have a physical library on site. For more information on services the Conestoga Library provides, please visit their services page.

What additional assistance or services are available to me?

There are a large number of services available to you as a Conestoga student. Please view the links below to find more information on location, hours and services offered by each area.

How do I get my textbooks?

Textbooks can be ordered online through the bookstore's page or bought in person at the Doon campus. Online orders are available for pick-up or delivery. For more information such as textbook costs or to search for a specific text, please visit the Bookstore online.

Can I opt out of the health plan if I want to?

All information including opt out options and deadlines can be found on the Conestoga Students Inc. Benefit Plan site under Coverage.

I am an international student. Is there someone that can help me with general questions?

Many international student questions can be answered on the International site. For further assistance, you can contact the appropriate International office employee.

How do I get a bus pass?

Full-time registered students within Waterloo Region the opportunity to purchase a GRT Term Pass (4-months) at a discounted rate of $300.

CSI has worked to streamline the purchasing process so students are able to purchase their 4-month Transit Term Pass online through the ONE Card portal with a debit card or credit card.

Once a student has fully registered, they can use their Condor ID and password to log in to the ONE Card portal where this option will be available to purchase.

Once this is purchased, within 48 hours, it will be connected to the GRT system and you can use your ONE Card for an easy tap and go experience.If you have any questions please reach out to CSI at for general questions or the ONE Card office at for any technical or purchasing questions.

How do I get my student ONE Card and what is it used for?

New students can pick up their ONE Card during their Orientation sessions provided all fees have been paid. Students may upload a photo in advance on their student portal. The ONE Card is used on campus for student identification, borrowing library resources, printing, building access to the Recreation Centre, and event entry. As of September 2016, students may choose to use this loadable card as an option for on-campus purchases. Please visit ONE Card for more information.

How can I find somewhere to live?

There are many options for students living away from home. The first option is Conestoga’s Residence which is located near the Doon and Cambridge campuses. Off-campus housing can be found through International students have the option of Homestay, allowing them to stay with a Canadian family while attending school.

What are ways I can get involved on campus?

Conestoga College is proud to offer students a wide range of opportunities and experiences to get involved on campus through our Co-Curricular Portal (CCP). The CCP allows students to search for meaningful on-campus co-curricular experiences and provides them with an official document which recognizes their involvement and contributions.

Are there part-time jobs for students on campus?

There are a number of part-time positions available to students on campus. Current available on-campus jobs can be found on the MyCareer site.

How do I get a locker?

You are able to log in and select a locker from our locker selection page.