Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science (Honours)
Students in this program are required to bring a laptop computer that meets specific minimum requirements to successfully complete the program.
- Operating System: Windows based computers will be supported as long as the minimum requirements are met
- Processor (CPU): Intel i5 processor with Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) or AMD equivalent
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Network: Wireless Network Card
- LCD Panel: 15.4" or greater
Note: If you choose to use a MacOS, you will need to install Bootcamp for your device to run a Windows operating system. Otherwise, MacOS will not be supported by the program.
- Mouse and keyboard: a wireless mouse, keyboard and protective keyboard case
- Antivirus: AVG Antivirus (free edition)
- Warranty: three or four year warranty (the college is not responsible for system repairs, replacement parts or maintenance)
- Anti-Virus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is recommended by Conestoga College
- Mouse and Keyboard: A wireless mouse and keyboard is strongly recommended
- Power adapters and batteries: a spare power adapter and battery is useful
The college provides the following software for free:
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Publisher)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- VMWare Workstation 10.0
If you have any questions or concerns about the minimum system requirements please contact your program coordinator.