PC or Mac "Good"
Student success is important. To effectively participate in this program, you are required to have reliable Internet access and a device that meets the suggested requirements below.
During the first week of the program, students will be instructed on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college server.
- Reliable Internet access
- Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS 10.14 (or higher) with Parallels software
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3 processor (or newer)
- Minimum 8GB memory
- Webcam functionality
- Audio capability (speakers and a quality headset/microphone)
- Intel HD integrated graphics or equivalent
- 256 GB HD or greater (SSD highly recommended)
- Wireless Network adapter supporting IEEE 802.11g/n/ac
- 13" screen or greater (recommended resolution 1920x1080)
- 2 full size USB ports (USB 3.0 or better recommended)
- Virus protection software required
- Optional: 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 connection or a USB to Ethernet adapter
Software access and downloads
The college provides registered students access to free software downloads.
Available downloads for registered students:
- To ensure the security and accessibility of your information in the event of a hardware failure, it is highly recommended that you save all work to your OneDrive provided through Office 365. This software is available for free to all registered students and 1TB of space is available on your OneDrive through your Conestoga student account.
- For information about the technology and processes used for Teams or Zoom, refer to Consent and privacy for Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Students may be required to purchase additional equipment as technology needs change (e.g. web cams for exams). Students who do not have access to the required testing technology at home may be required to write tests on campus in the Testing Centre.