All students entering a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program must:
- have a laptop computer that meets the minimum specified requirements
- own and maintain their laptop
The college provides registered students with wireless and hard-wired internet access, access to free software downloads, and access to several program-specific software applications while on campus. School of Media+Design studios are outfitted with large-screen monitors to facilitate classroom work. Additionally, open access computer labs with all required software are available for all students.
During the first week of the term, faculty will guide first-year students on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college IT system.
- MacBook Pro
- 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz memory
- 512GB PCI e-based SSD
- Radeon Pro 450 with 2GB memory
- Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Force Touch trackpad
- Accessory Kit
- Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
- USBC Digital AV Multiport Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13”
- Students are responsible to back up their own computers.
- Projects that are late due to hard drive crashes or other computer problems will be graded a zero according to the School of Media+Design grading policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about the minimum system requirements please contact your program coordinator.