Conestoga College Regional Training Centre
at Waterloo Region Emergency Services Training and Research Complex
Supporting workforce capacity development in the Ontario Fire Service
The Conestoga College Regional Training Centre (RTC) delivers a range of Ontario Fire College courses to fire service personnel at the Waterloo Regional Emergency Services Training and Research Centre (WRESTRC).
Located in the Waterloo Region, the Conestoga College RTC provides accessible training to fire stations in Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph and across Ontario.
Why Train at the Conestoga College Regional Training Centre at WRESTRC?
- Our instructors are experienced fire fighters ranging from first class fire fighters to fire chiefs
- We accept an unlimited number of applicants from an individual fire department per course, up to the enrolment maximum
- We offer flexibility in course delivery that includes week-long courses as well as weekend and night courses
- We have the ability to offer separate, custom, course offerings
About the WRESTRC Facility
The WRESTRC state-of-the-art facility sits on a 72-acre property that includes
- large two bay drive-through apparatus garage which houses two fire trucks: a pumper and 65-foot quint,
- bunker gear washing facility and a high pressure air cylinder charging system,
- concrete live fire burn building featuring a five-storey structure attached to a seven-storey high-rise tower and a two-storey house used for search and rescue, ventilation, laddering, hose advancement and a range of other drills,
- propane props, which include car, LPG Tank, liquid fuel spill, dumpster and barbecue fires,
- other props including variety of roof, wall, door and ceiling props for breaching drills, water props from a large pond to pressurized hydrants, and
- 1.2 kilometer driver training track.