The Gig Lab is Canada's first business incubator for freelancers. The lab is specifically tailored to address the business model nuances and needs of the growing number of freelance entrepreneurs. The program is designed to equip new and early stage freelancers with the skills, mindsets and tools to flourish in the Gig Economy.
What is included in the program?
- 15 weeks of one-on-one coaching with seasoned freelancers who serve as our Gig Coaches
- Comprehensive road map to develop your strategy and brand assets, set-up the mechanics of your business and develop an effective sales and marketing plan
- Focused time to prospect and secure client business with guidance from your Gig Coach
- Acess to a network of industry mentors
- Leave the lab with the foundation for a sustainable freelance business
Who is eligible?
- Full-time or part-time Conestoga students in any program, from any campus.
- Recent graduates of Conestoga
- Alumni of Conestoga within five years of graduation
How do I apply?
Entrance into the Gig Lab requires the completion of an
Key dates for the Spring/Summer 2021 cohort are as follows:
- Applications open: March 1, 2021
- Applications close: April 30, 2021
- Program starts: May 17, 2021
What types of businesses are accepted?
The Gig Lab freelance business incubator is open to anyone who plans to offer a service as a sole proprietor or has just begun to do so. Services can range from UI design to computer programming, graphic design, video editing, tutoring, digital marketing, and more. Gig work for companies like Uber, Skip the Dishes and DoorDash does not qualify for this program.
If you want to join the legions of gig workers building a personal portfolio of work for their future, we want to hear from you.