Applied Research at Conestoga
Each of Conestoga's priority research areas support applied research projects that meet the needs of our industry and community partners as well as drive growth in our local and regional economy.
Conestoga @ The Foundry, the college's cutting-edge research facility in Cambridge's Gaslight District, is home to two interconnected research areas:
- SMART (Smart Manufacturing and Advanced Recycling Technologies) Centre
- Cybersecurity Zone
Conestoga campuses are also home to:
- Magna Centre for Supply Chain Excellence,
- Craig Richardson Institute of Food Processing Technology,
- Schlegel Centre for Advancing Seniors Care,
- Conestoga Entrepreneurship Collective, and
- Ideas Connect: Advancing Healthy Communities.
At Conestoga, research projects are also integrated into the curriculum. Capstone, final-year, thesis, curriculum and independent projects are an important avenue of applied research. Through these projects, one or more students — up to an entire class — explore solutions to a challenge facing a company or community organization.
Applied research opportunities
For companies and organizations
Conestoga Applied Research and Innovation (CARI) is the college's central resource for applied research administration. Contact CARI to explore applied research opportunities at Conestoga.
Policies and procedures
To access Conestoga's applied research policies and research ethics documents, visit policies & procedures: applied research.