Institutional Research at Conestoga
The Office of Institutional Research and Planning acts as an information and analytical resource for the Conestoga community and external organizations such as the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU). The purpose of the office is to support planning and decision-making at the institutional level and individual program level to ensure quality, accountability, and continuous improvement.
The Institutional Research and Planning team collaborates with other departments of the college to develop and implement various assessment and evaluation activities including:
- Accountability reports to the Ministry
- Annual and Major Program Review processes and administration
- Student Appraisal of Teaching (SAT) administration and reporting
- Student Satisfaction KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Survey administration and reporting
- Program Statistics and Labour Market Reports to support Program Development and Review
- Custom survey development, administration and analysis (e.g., Annual Student Feedback Survey, No to Accept Survey, etc.)
- Conestoga's Continuous Quality Improvement (CCQI) initiative
Student Satisfaction KPI dates
Colleges are mandated by the MCU to administer the Student Satisfaction and Engagement Survey to students once per year each year they attend college. No student evaluations (e.g. tests, presentations, quizzes) can be scheduled in the weeks the surveys are administered.
Upcoming KPI Survey Dates:
Advanced Survey (for students who will not be here in February):
- June 3 - 7, 2019
- November 4 - 8, 2019
- February 3 - 7, 2020
Graduate satisfaction survey
All Conestoga students will be asked to participate in phone surveys that help measure the college's effectiveness in preparing graduates for employent success. The surveys will take place at approximately six months and then again at two years after graduation.
- The purpose of these provincial surveys is to measure Conestoga's effectiveness in preparing graduates for the workplace.
- The results have an impact on the college's level of provincial funding and help determine future curriculum and program direction.
The phone calls will come from Forum Research Canada - the firm contracted by MCU. This firm collects information for the KPI Graduate Satisfaction Survey, and with your approval, the KPI Employer Satisfaction Survey.