Employers incentives and tax credits
The Achievement Incentive grant program offers up to $4,000 to eligible employers when apprentices meet training and certification milestones, including:
- $1,000 milestone payments for each level of in-class training completed by the apprentice, up to a maximum of 3 levels. Milestone payments are retroactive to April 1, 2020.
- an additional $1,000 payment once the apprentice achieves the highest level of trade certification in their respective trade, such as Certificate of Apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification
Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)
The Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC) is a non-refundable tax credit equal to 10 per cent of the salaries and wages paid to eligible apprentices. The maximum credit is $2,000 per year for each eligible apprentice.
Co-operative Education Tax Credit (CETC)
The Co-operative Education Tax Credit (CETC) is a refundable tax credit for employers equal to 25 per cent (30 per cent for businesses with payrolls less than $400,000) of the salaries and wages paid to eligible post-secondary students in a qualifying co-op work placement that is at least 10 consecutive weeks.
A maximum tax credit of $3,000 is available per student, per four-month qualifying work placement.
Learn more about the
Group Sponsorship Grant
The Group Sponsorship Grant gives up to $1,000,000 annually whereby employers come together using a group sponsorship arrangement to hire and train apprentices.
In a group sponsorship arrangement, employers share apprenticeship management and training responsibilities, which can:
- streamline administration
- structure and improve the quality of training
- increase opportunities for apprentices to train in all aspects of the trade
- reduce pressure on any one employer to see an apprentice through the completion of training
- provide a pool of trained trade-specific workers who are well positioned to meet the needs of the labour market
The program provides grants over a maximum of three years.
Visit www.youth.gc.ca for a full list of federal government employment resources for employers hiring young workers.
Contact us for more information on Trades and Apprenticeship programs at Conestoga or further details on incentives for employers and apprentices.
Placement & Employment Opportunities
Co-op and graduate employment opportunities
The Co-op and Career Services Department facilitates recruitment of Conestoga students from a number of programs on an ongoing basis.
Conestoga Career Centre - employer recruitment services
Training incentives may be available for eligible employers committed to providing work-related training and development that prepares individuals to perform the full responsibilities of the job.
Training incentives are designed to offset some of the employer's cost of training and encourage them to retain the participant after the placement ends.
Conestoga Career Centre will help match youth and employers to meet training goals. For more information, please visit our Employer Services website.
For more information on Trades and Apprenticeship programs at Conestoga or further details on incentives for employers and apprentices, please email our employer liaison and student recruiter staff.
Visit the Government of Canada website for
wage subsidies and other assistance programs to help you hire the right employees for your business.