Business Administration - Marketing (Co-op)
Program DetailsCredential: 3-Year Ontario College Advanced Diploma
This three-year co-op program provides students with a broad base of practical marketing and business-related courses. The program prepares students for work in marketing, retailing, small business, advertising, professional selling, and general business administration positions in a wide variety of high technology, industrial, commercial, retail and service organizations. Students are advised not to apply for 100% commission or direct to-home selling positions.
Student AvailabilityConestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year||Fall (Sept. - Dec.)||Winter (Jan. - Apr.)||Spring/Summer (May - Aug.)|
|Year 2||Classes||Work Term 1||Work Term 2|
Work Term CapabilitiesSpecific skills and abilities that students are typically capable of performing during a given work term are listed below.
Work Terms I and II
- Apply strategic thinking skills, excellent written and verbal proficiency with the ability to analyze and forecast
- Provide marketing assistance in industrial, consumer or retail organizations
- Demonstrate knowledge of inside sales or retail sales techniques
- Apply computer skills in Photoshop and InDesign as well as but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Prezi and Google Docs
- Assist in the development of a marketing plan for a variety of industry types
- Write an Advertising or Direct Marketing plan determining target audience, product concept, media and message strategies
- Write draft copy for print and radio ads
- Design print ads and collateral material using Photoshop and InDesign
- Conduct thorough secondary research
- Perform basic database operations using Salesforce.com
- Develop and publish content for social media channels
Sample Job TitlesMarketing Coordinator, Events Assistant, Advertising Coordinator, Sales Representative, Customer Service/Inside Sales, Client Services Administrator, Direct Marketing Assistant
Program CoursesTo see a typical course list for this program, see the current program course information.
Wage DataConestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students. See the Schedule and Wage Data for details.
Post a Co-op Job NowSetup an account or login to Conestoga's MyCareer to post a job.
Contact InformationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant
519-748-5220 ext. 3678