New to Canada?
I want to know more about:
Learn about language, skills and academic assessments used by the college to help you assess your readiness for programs. Follow the links to two recognized organizations which will assess your international credentials.
Career & Program Advising for Newcomers
Program Advisors are available to help newcomers who are interested in learning more about academic programs at Conestoga College.
Free Entrepreneur Program for Newcomers
This program is offered in partnership with Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
This program offers individuals with:
- Entrepreneurship training to set-up your business
- Support with business planning through the Centre for Entrepreneurship (C4E)
- Opportunity to tour think tanks and hubs
- A Permanent Resident or Protected Person (Canadian Citizens are not eligible)
- Willing and able to pursue your own business
- Eligible to work in Canada Possess language levels of 6+ in all four Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels
- Be committed to attending a 16-week program
For more information, please contact Tina Allishaw at 519-748-5220, ext. 2587.
English Language Programs
Conestoga College offers a variety of language programming to meet your needs:
- English Language Studies helps you reach your language goals in preparing for work in your field or for further academic studies.
- Part-time language courses let you improve your English at a pace that fits your life right now.
- LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) is for adult newcomers who are not yet Canadian citizens. This program is free of charge, provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Occupation specific language training is now available for those with backgrounds as health care workers, accountants and engineering professionals. These programs are free of charge, provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Language that Works: various tailored language options can be arranged at the college or in the workplace.
IELTS and TOEFL Preparation
The School of Language and Communications Studies offers IELTS and TOEFL preparation classes in the evenings for those who need to prepare for the International English Language Test (IELTS) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Contact Liliana Pereira at 519-748-5220, ext. 3751 for dates and registration information.
Read our Continuing Education catalogue. Conestoga College offers courses in all of its disciplines through part-time studies. NOTE: The Continuing Education application process is different than the full-time application process.
Language that Works
English language coaching (one-to-one tutoring, small groups, and larger classes) and English for the Workplace are available to individuals, organizations and businesses through the Language that Works programs. Programs to suit your learning communication needs are available. Contact Liliana Pereira for more information.
A brief explanation of student financial services available to college students. Follow the next link to connect to the college’s main Student Financial Services information page.
Follow this link to the Conestoga College application information page.
Full-time students at Conestoga College have an email account, access to a locker, the opportunity for student health insurance and many other benefits.