|School||School of Engineering & Information Technology|
- Architecture Project & Facility Management
- Construction Project Management
|Academic and professional designations|
- PhD Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering & Management Division, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus, 1998.
- Master Of Science, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering & Management Division, Middle East Technical University, Turkey,1992.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Civil Engineering, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus, 1990.
- Certificate, On Investment Appraisal and Risk Analysis, John Deutsch International Executive Program, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 2007.
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Construction Planning & Scheduling
- Construction Quality Management
- Contract Administration
- Development Economics
- Engineering Economics
- Major Project in Construction Management
|Areas of expertise & interest|
- Planning & Scheduling
- Project appraisal & Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Bidding and Estimating
|Industry experience, professional currency activities|
- Construction Management consultant
| Major research projects, scholarly activities, and/or publications|
- Egemen, M, Mohamed, AN, (2008) "SCBMD a knowledge based system for strategically correct bid/no bid and markup size decisions", Automation in Construction, Vol 17, May 2008, 864-872.
- Baalousha, Y, Mohamed, AN , (2007) "Developing a forecasting model for the prediction of building construction cost indices in Turkey" Fourth International Conference on Soft Computing, Computing with Words and Perceptions in System Analysis, Decision and Control. ICSCCW– 2007, August 27-28, 2007, Antalya, Turkey.
- Mohamed, AN, Celik, T (2002) "Knowledge based system for alternative design, cost estimating and scheduling", Knowledge Based Systems, Vol. 15, No. 3, 2002, pp. 177-188.
Master Thesis Supervisions:
- Altuny, C. "Knowledge based system for selection of internal finishes of buildings" February 2001.
- Evre, M. "Productivity analysis of construction industry in North Cyprus" February 2002.
- Basaran, A. "Resource constrained project scheduling by using ant colony optimization method" July 2002.
- Arefadib, A. "Quality improvement in site preparation stage for gas refinery projects in South Pars of Iran" July 2006.
Ph.D. Thesis Supervisions:
Egemen, M. "A knowledge based system for bidding strategy and an overall framework for marketing strategy of contractors" July 2006.
Journal Peer Reviewer:
- Journal of Scientia Iranica
|Additional information||I am an associate Professor of Construction Engineering and Management. I have taught at different universities before joining Conestoga College in 2009. I was Vice Chair of Civil Engineering Department 2004-2007, Director of Construction Management Research Practice Centre 1998-2006, coordinator of construction management division 2000-2008 at Eastern Mediterranean University, Senior Fellow at John Deutsch International, Queen’s University Kingston Ontario Canada 2008-2013, a visiting Professor at Center for Executive Program Adolfo Ibanez University Santiago Chile 2011-2015. I have taught project appraisal and risk analysis and project management in different countries with Cambridge Resource International, USA and John Deutsch Institute International Queen’s University, 2005-2013. I enjoy teaching.|