|School ||School of Business|
|Program||Bachelor of Public Relations (Honours)|
|Academic and Professional Designations|
- PhD (abd), Communication and Culture
- MA, Communication and Culture
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts
- Advertising, Branding and Marketing
- Issues Management and Crisis Communications
- Media, Culture and Communications Theory
- Research Methods for PR
- Rhetoric and Persuasion
|Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- Digital and social media
- Media and communications theory
- Persuasive communications
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- Associate Director, Enterprise Online Marketing at Bell Canada
- Senior Social Media Manager at BlackBerry
- Online Marketing Manager at Roadpost
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications |
- Williams, Cheryl. 2019 (Forthcoming). "The ROI of Play: Immaterial Labor, Mobile Apps, and the Digital Economy."
Journal of Childhood and Youth.
- Williams, Cheryl, and Natalie Coulter. 2017. "From Babies to Teens: Children Are a Marketer's Dream." In
The Sociology of Child and Youth Studies in Canada Reader. Canadian Scholars' Press.
- Williams, Cheryl. 2017. "Women in Advertising in the Twentieth Century (Review)."
Advertising & Society Review 17 (3).
|Additional Information||Awarded 3 years of doctoral research funding through the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. This award supports students who demonstrate a high standard of scholarly achievement. It aims to develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified research professionals.|