|Name||Dr. Ramesh Karky|
|School ||School of Business|
- Bachelor of Business Administration – International Business Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting, Audit, and Information Technology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Public Relations (Honours)
|Academic and Professional Designations|
- SJD, Law, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- LLM, Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Dip. In Law (LLB), Tribhuvan University
- LAW72200 - Business Law
- LAW73100 - Media Ethics and Law
- LAW74020 - Media and Communications Law
- LAW BUS8330 - Global Trade Law
|Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- Business Law
- International Business Law
- International Trade Regulation
- Intellectual Property Law
- Biotechnology Law
- International Law
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- 10+ years as an expert consultant on the Commonwealth Secretariat and UNDP, UNCTAD, and USAID-funded programs in different jurisdictions.
- 10+ years as a lawyer in Kathmandu.
- 11+ years as a researcher in the US, Canada, Europe, and Japan.
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications|
- Karky, R. and Perry, M.,
Disharmonization in the Regulation of Transgenic Plants in Europe, Biotechnology Law Report, Vol 38, Number 6, pp. 1-26 (2019).
- Karky, R.,
Bioinformatics Innovations and Patent Eligibility, The Journal of World Intellectual Property, Vol. 21, Issue 3-4, pp. 140-156 (2018).
- Karky, R., "Intellectual Property Rights and Foreign Direct Investment Agreements" in Perry, M. ed.,
Intellectual Property Governance for the 21st Century: Global Evolution (Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, May 2016) Chapter 12, 225-242.
- Published other articles and book chapters.
- Fellow, Vrije Universiteit Brussels (2016 to present)
- Invited Researcher, Institute of Intellectual Property, Tokyo (2013/2014)
- Postdoctoral Fellow in law, University of Western Ontario (2010 - 2013)
Research Assistant/Scholar, Golden Gate University (2001 - 2005)
|Additional Information||Dr. Karky enjoys teaching and research. As a development worker, he is also interested in international development, international trade, peace, human rights, the rule of law, etc.|