School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services|
Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science (Honours)|
Academic and Professional Designations |
- MD, Pediatrics
- MSc, Health Information Science
- CHIM (Certified in Health Information Management)
- ADMN71220 - Health Records
- HIM71050 - Health Informatics I
- HIM71100 - Solving Problems in Health Informatics
- HIM71080 - Biomedical Concepts I
- HIM72040 - Health Information Management II
Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Management
- Analysis and design of socio-technological systems
Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- Physician in a neonatal intensive care unit
- Information librarian at a university hospital library
- Panel member: “Building Canada’s Digital Advantage (Preparing Canada’s healthcare professionals for an eHealth future)“ organized by the Information and Communication Technology Council (ICTC), Ottawa, March 20, 2012
- Development of curriculum standards (LOHIM 2010) for the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications |
- Kagolovsky Y, Brillinger K. First semester students’ ability to develop biomedical and health informatics concepts.
Advances in Health Informatics Conference (AHIC 2010): The Realities of eHealth, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Kagolovsky Y, Brillinger K. A systematic approach to using case studies in health informatics education.
Proceedings of AMIA’2009 (American Medical Informatics Association) Annual Symposium, San-Francisco, USA.
- Kagolovsky Y, Moehr JR. Introducing a conceptual information retrieval (IR) framework.
Journal of Medical Systems 2004 Feb;28(1):89-101.
I have presented widely on a variety of topics, including workforce development for health informatics and health information management positions, using case studies in teaching and learning, intercultural communication, and information retrieval. I am interested in the history, theory and practice of medicine, organic gardening and sustainability.|