Welcome to the School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services
The School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services can be your beginning to a career that makes a difference to people!
Find What Fits For You
Make Plans For Your Future
If this is your situation... why not consider one of these program options?
- I'm not sure where to start or need to upgrade...
- I have a health care degree from an international country and I want to enter the health care workplace in Canada...
- Check out the Bridge to Practical Nursing for Foreign Educated Health Professionals (with two intakes a year)
- I want a 1 year certificate
- To work in Health Care: Personal Support Worker (Sept. & Jan. starts at Conestoga's Doon Campus and at the Village of Riverside Glen in Guelph)
- I want a professional credential in 2 - 3 years
- To work in Community Services: Social Services, Recreation and Leisure, Early Childhood Education (Sept. & Jan. starts), Paralegal
- To become a Health Care Professional: Practical Nursing (Sept. & Jan. starts at Conestoga's Doon Campus and at the Village of Riverside Glen in Guelph), Hearing Instrument Specialist, Dietetic Technician, Occupational and Physiotherapist Assistant, Fitness and Health Promotion, Respiratory Therapist
- To serve in Emergency Care/Protective Services: Protection/Security and Investigation, Police Foundations, Advanced Police Studies, Pre-Service Fire, Paramedic
- To enter the fields of biomedical/industrial/agricultural development, testing & production: Biotechnology Technician
- I want a 4 year degree
- I want to work and learn in a part-time or Apprenticeship Program
- Check our Continuing Education offerings for part-time programs - including a part-time Fire Fighter Certificate Program and part-time delivery of some of the above programs.
- We offer an Early Childhood Educator, OYAP/Education Assistant and Developmental Services Worker Apprenticeship Programs.
- I want to upgrade or expand my career options
Our first class facilities including our new Cowan Health Sciences Centre, our highly educated faculty with professional practice experience and our reputation for education that focuses on employment make the School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services a place to begin - or change - your career!!