Bachelor of Design (Honours)
All students entering this program must:
- have a laptop computer that meets minimum specified requirements
- own and maintain their laptop
- bring their laptop on the first day of classes.
During the first week of the program, students will be instructed on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college server.
- MacBook Pro
- Apple M1 Pro chip with 8 core CPU, 14-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 16GB unified memory
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
- Webcam functionality
- Audio capability (speakers and a quality headset/microphone)
- 512 GB SSD storage
- 14-inch Liquid Retina XDR display
- Three Thunderbolt 4 ports, HDMI port, SDXC card slot, MagSafe 3 port
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
- Force Touch trackpad
- USBC AV Multiport Adapter
- Virus protection software required
- Recommended: AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13”
Additional hardware requirements:Must have a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) or Mirrorless camera capable of video and audio recording
USBC Thumb Drive, USBC 2TB Hard Drive
- For information about the technology and processes used for Teams or Zoom, refer to Privacy and consent for synchronous classrooms.
- Students may be required to purchase additional equipment as technology needs change (e.g. web cams for exams). Students who do not have access to the required testing technology at home may be required to write tests on campus in the Testing Centre.
- Each student is responsible for any downtime associated with their device. Losing information can be highly problematic and your primary recourse is only through the hardware provider. It is highly recommended that students purchase a multi-year warranty.