Enhanced Practice for Internationally Educated Nurses
Student success is important. To effectively participate in this program, you are required to have reliable Internet access and a device you can bring on campus that meets the suggested requirements below.
During the first week of the program, students will be instructed on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college server.
- Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS 10.15 (or higher)
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3 processor or AMD Ryzen 3 equivalent
- Minimum 8 GB memory
- Webcam functionality
- Audio capability (speakers and a quality headset/microphone)
- Intel HD integrated graphics or equivalent
- 256GB HD or greater (SSD highly recommended)
- Wireless Network adapter supporting IEEE 802.11g/n/ac
- 13" screen or greater (recommended resolution 1920x1080)
- Minimum 1 full size USB port (USB 3.0A), 1 or more USB-C Port
- Virus protection software required
- Optional: 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 connection or a USB to Ethernet adapter
- Recommended: A multi-year (3- or 4-year) warranty
The college provides registered students with wireless and hardwired Internet access, access to free software downloads, and server-based access to several program-specific software applications while on campus.
Software access and downloads
Available downloads for registered students:
To ensure the security and accessibility of your information in the event of a hardware failure, it is highly recommended that you save all work to your OneDrive provided through Office 365. This software is available for free to all registered students and 1TB of space is available on your OneDrive through your Conestoga student account.
- For information about the technology and processes used for Teams or Zoom, refer to Privacy and consent for synchronous classrooms.
- Students may be required to purchase additional equipment as technology needs change (e.g. web cams for exams). Students who do not have access to the required testing technology at home may be required to write tests on campus in the Testing Centre.
- Each student is responsible for any downtime associated with their device. Losing information can be highly problematic and your primary recourse is only through the hardware provider. It is highly recommended that students purchase a multi-year warranty.