Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) - International Business Management
Program DetailsCredential: 4-Year Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
This four-year, full-time, co-op program prepares graduates to handle managerial issues in Human Resources and Operations Control requiring contextual knowledge of international business practices. The goal is to provide graduates with the ability to bring people, processes and technology together to achieve improved performance in business, whether that business operates in the domestic or international arena.
Graduates of this four-year co-op program will possess a blend of applied business skills that will enable them to function as flexible and versatile business generalists in an international context. Specific focus is given to issues requiring cross-functional integration of activities. The program meets the needs of typical entry-level positions and allows the graduate to eventually move into supervisory or managerial roles within either domestic or international business environments.
Student AvailabilityConestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year||Fall (Sept. - Dec.)||Winter (Jan. - Apr.)||Spring/Summer (May - Aug.)|
|Year 2||Classes||Classes||Work Term 1|
|Year 3||Classes||Classes||Work Term 2|
|Year 4||Work Term 3||Classes||Classes|
Work Term CapabilitiesSpecific skills and abilities that students are typically capable of performing during a given work term are listed below.
Work Term IOperations Management
- Use forecasting techniques to predict demand and shipments
- Analyze product costs, contribution margins, and process quality
- Apply project management techniques using Microsoft Project, Excel and Access
- Process and maintain hourly employee benefits
- Develop and maintain employee files
- Research and create an HR manual
- Design performance review documentation
- Develop and audit a diversity management program
Work Terms II and IIIMarketing and Business Development
- Conduct market research using primary and secondary research methods
- Identify and evaluate new potential markets
- Prepare research reports and presentations
- Apply Materials Requirement Planning
- Perform production scheduling, inventory control and materials planning functions
- Initiate vendor surveys and qualify vendors
- Handle purchase requisitions, purchase orders, quotations and other associated purchasing and materials paperwork
- Apply logistics optimization techniques to various trucking and material movement enterprises
- Evaluate capacity and purpose improvements
- Apply Lean concepts for continuous process improvement
- Use Human Resources Information Systems
- Recruit and select applicants
- Design training, orientation and development programs
- Analyze jobs
- Develop job descriptions
- Design and conduct a Human Resources needs survey
Sample Job TitlesBusiness Process Coordinator, Inventory Specialist, Operations Assistant, Production Analyst, Materials Coordinator, Purchasing and Supply Officer Trainee, Project Coordinator, Material Planning Assistant, Logistics Coordinator, Business Analyst, HR Coordinator, Junior Recruiter, Marketing Coordinator, Business Development Intern, Assistant Manager, ITS Admin Coordinator, Business Administrator, Customer Service Rep, Administrative Assistant.
Program CoursesTo see a typical course list for this program, see the current program course information.
Wage DataConestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students. See the Schedule and Wage Data for details.
Post a Co-op Job NowSetup an account or login to Conestoga's MyCareer to post a job.
Contact InformationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant
519-748-5220 ext. 3678