Conestoga has more than 4,000 co-op students in 64 co-op programs in a broad range of disciplines - from degrees and diplomas to trades.
Winter 2021 co-op work terms and COVID-19
Please note the following changes in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation:
- Work term minimum length: reduced from 12 weeks to 8 weeks or 280 hours. A minimum of 10 weeks is still required for employers who claim the Co-operative Education Tax Credit (CETC).
- Final date to post a job: Monday, March 1
- Final date to secure a student: Friday, March 5 to begin work on Monday, March 8
- Work term minimum length: 12 weeks or 420 hours
- Final date to post a job: Monday, May 31
- Final date to secure a student: Friday, June 4 to begin work on Monday, June 7
We strongly recommend virtual interviews wherever possible via video and phone. At this time, we cannot host any on-campus interviews.
Co-op program details
Select a co-op program link from the industry categories below for complete program details.
N/A = wage information is not available.
Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction
Business, Insurance and Design
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Community and Public Services
Culinary and Hospitality
Electrical Technician, Electro-Mechanical Maintenance
Food Processing and Packaging Engineering
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician – Motive Power
Information Technology and Applied Health Information Science
Metal Machining Trades
Conestoga is seeking employers who can:
- Provide career-related work experience.
- Acknowledge that the student is hired in an employee-employer relationship.
- Provide duties and responsibilities related to the objectives of the program of study.
- Pay wages as negotiated between the employer and the student.
- Provide orientation, training and on-going supervision.
- Employ the student for no less than the minimum number of hours required per work term.
- Provide Co-op & Career Services with feedback at the mid-term point of each work term.
- Inform the Co-op Office of any concerns with student performance or changes to the co-op work term.
- Assign progressive responsibility and/or exposure to new challenges during multiple work terms.
- Provide the student with a completed written performance evaluation at the conclusion of the work term.
Conestoga College recognizes that accessibility is a college-wide responsibility and is committed to ensuring that its programs, services and facilities are accessible. Learn more about accessibility at Conestoga.