Computer Applications Development (Optional Co-op)
Program DetailsCredential: 1-Year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Co-op students from this program have already completed their course work in this three-semester, intensive, full-time, co-op graduate certificate program when they go out on their work term. The program provides them with a broad business and technical background in computer and mobile applications, database applications, programming, data design, and systems analysis and design. Students are equipped with programming experience and the skills necessary to analyze and design Information Technology (IT) based solutions.
Student AvailabilityConestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year||Fall (Sept. - Dec.)||Winter (Jan. - Apr.)||Spring/Summer (May - Aug.)|
|Year 1||Classes||Classes||Work Term|
Work Term Capabilities
- Develop, debug and modify program code to meet design specifications
- Prepare interactive web pages for use in a business environment
- Analyze system requirements for various types of business systems
- Design database systems including input, extraction, formatting and reporting functions for connection to end-user applications
- Analyze and design information systems using object-oriented practices
- Develop mobile applications to support business functions
Sample Job TitlesComputer Programmer, Web Application Developer, Software Tester, Quality Control Professional
Program CoursesTo see a typical course list for this program, see the current program course information.
Wage DataConestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students. See the Schedule and Wage Data for details.
Post a Co-op Job NowSetup an account or login to Conestoga's MyCareer to post a job.
Contact InformationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant
519-748-5220 ext. 2218