|School ||School of Business |
|Program||Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) – International Business Management |
|Academic and Professional Designations|
- PhD in Management Science, Lancaster University, UK
- MSc in Industrial Engineering, Wayne State University, USA
- Diploma of Postgraduate Studies in International Business Relations, Damascus University, Syria
- BSc in Economics and Planning, Damascus University, Syria
|Title||Professor, International Business Management|
- BUS3020 - International Business
- BUS71260 - Business Fundamentals
- BUS74020 - International Business Planning and Strategy
- BUS8350 - Global Business Management Capstone
- OPER74020 - Service Operations Management
- OPER8340 - Global Supply Chain Management
- MGMT8260 - Business Analytics and Decision Making
- MGMT3130 - Sustainable Development for Managers
- MKT71090 - Marketing
|Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- International Relations
- International Business Strategy
- International Marketing Strategy
- International Human Resources Management
- Media and Market Research
- Data Analytics
- Organizational Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Project Management
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- Strategy Executive and Educator with more than 18 years of global professional experience leading and managing complex projects in the global market including the US, Europe and Middle East.
- Specialized in global business transformation, strategy formulation, business processes re-engineering with extensive experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning software) implementation.
- Led and oversaw number of strategic and transformational initiatives which focused on effectiveness, efficiency, revenue growth and operational waste reduction across a wide range of industries.
- Subject matter expert in developing and executing market-entry strategies based on market, cultural and regulatory assessment for businesses that are going global.
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications || Publications:
- "Optimizing Television Programming & Scheduling", Targeting: European Journal of Operational Research: An International Journal (ABS 4), Agreed to be submitted on Q1, 2021.
- "Optimizing Television Programming & Scheduling", 20th Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS), Barcelona, Spain, (Jul 2014).
- "How to optimize television programmes grid: A case study from the media industry", Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) 29th Annual Conference, Houston, Texas, U.S.A, (May 2018).
Dr. AlShami's goal as an educator is to make a significant impact on the professional career of his students. He is a firm believer that transferring knowledge and real-life experiences to students are equally important as academic research.
As Dr. AlShami's teaching philosophy is continuously evolving, in his opinion, the following points define his teaching philosophy:
- Delivering theoretical and contextual knowledge and linking theory to practice by providing examples from contemporary business contexts.
- Promoting student interaction
- Continuous learning
- Feedback and respect