|School ||School of Health & Life Sciences|
|Academic and Professional Designations |
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor of Nursing (University of Calgary)
- Master of Nursing (University of Toronto)
- Master of Science in Capacity Development & Extension (University of Guelph)
|Title ||Chair, Nursing |
|Program/ School Portfolio|
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (McMaster)
- Practical Nursing
- Personal Support Worker
|Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- Youth Health & Wellbeing
- Ethical Situations in Global Health Nursing Placements
- Clinical Nursing Education
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- Clinical background in Adult and Pediatric Critical Care, Surgery
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications |
- Lauzon, A., Christie, S., Cross, H., Khan, B., & Khan, B. (2016). Youth learning in afterschool programs: Exploring learning outcomes for rural youth. In V.C.X. Wang (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Learning Outcomes and Learning Opportunities in the Digital Age, pp. 376-401. IGI Global.
- Cross, H. (2012).
Living at the Intersection: Exploring the Relationship between Youth Health and Wellbeing, Place, and After-School Programs in Small Urban Towns.
- Research study in process - Facing Ethical Situations in International Resource-Limited Healthcare Settings: The Global Health Clinical Experience of BScN Students, Preceptors and Faculty. In collaboration with Dr. Iris Mujica, McMaster University.