|School ||School of Business|
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) - Accounting, Audit and Information Technology
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) - International Business Management
|Academic and Professional Designations|
- Master of Science in Mathematics, University of Guelph
- Thesis: A Collage Theorem Approach to Solving Inverse Problems for an Economic Resource Model
- Bachelor of Education, Western University
- Levels: Intermediate & Senior levels
- Subjects: Mathematics and Accounting
- BA Honours, University of Guelph
- Major 1: Mathematics
- Major 2: Management Economics
- OCT, Ontario Certified Teacher
- MATH7177 - Business Math
- RSCH73100 - Research Methods
|Areas of Expertise & Interest||Mathematics Education|
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- 11 years teaching experience as a college professor
- 2 years teaching experience as a high school teacher, Grade 9-12
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications |
Carter, K., Koster, L., Haw, M., Loncar-Vines, J., Rutherford, M., (2019, Nov). Technology and Education Seminar and Showcase (TESS) 2019, Toronto, ON.
Loncar-Vines, J., (2019, May). OneNote - Experience and Use in the Classroom. Presentation at Tech for Teaching Day, Kitchener, ON.
Koster, L. and Loncar-Vines, J., (2018, December). Transition from High School to College Mathematics. Presentation for the Math Forum, Cambridge, ON.
In addition to teaching mathematics, I am also involved in scholarly activity concerning mathematics education in the college classroom. My interests are in investigating approaches to engage our business students. Outside of the classroom, I volunteer as an Executive Member of the Grand Valley Mathematics Association (GVMA), whose goal is to promote excellence in mathematics education, connecting elementary, high school, and post-secondary educators.