Remote support and appointments are available during the temporary closure of campuses. Please email or leave a voicemail at one of the extensions listed below and a coordinator will get back to you.
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Student Rights and Responsibilities Coordinators
Rea Parchment (she/her)
519-748-5220, ext. 3261
Laura Black (she/her)
519-748-5220, ext. 3748
The Student Rights and Responsibilities Office (SRRO) aims to empower students and employees with conflict management strategies and reinforce procedural fairness and inclusive practices to advance equity at the college.
The SRRO applies a student development approach to support students and employees with:
Conflicts involving students
- Conflict between two or more people (one of which is a student) that causes frustration or interferes with another person's ability to achieve their goal.
Disruptive student behaviour
- Student behaviour that interferes and/or prohibits the ability of a faculty to teach, students to learn, or negatively affects the learning or working environment.
Barriers to access and inclusion (non-academic)
- Suggestions to enhance accessibility and inclusion so everyone can participate fully at Conestoga. Typically related to college practices or operations that are beyond accessible learning accommodations and may require a collaborative response.
Bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Action(s) or behaviour(s) that result in unfavourable, unwelcome, or preferential treatment of students related to the protected grounds in the Ontario Human Rights Code. Can be direct, indirect, or systemic and contribute to a hostile environment.
- Concerns regarding fairness, consistency, or application of college policy and practice.