|School ||School of Engineering and Technology|
|Program||Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Systems Engineering|
Bachelor of Engineering - Building Systems Engineering
|Academic and Professional Designations |
- Dr.-Ing. (Doctor of Engineering), Stuttgart University, Germany
- P.Eng (Ontario)
- ELCN71205 - Electrical and Electronic Foundations
- IFME71240 - Fluid Power and Mechanics
- MATH73210 - Numerical Methods
- MATH71560 - Calculus I
- MATH71000 - Linear Algebra
|Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- System Control and Automation
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- System Control and Measurement, project from NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada)
- Tube hydroforming, developed a hydroforming test machine for projects from GM, USAMP (the United States Automotive Materials Partnership) and ASP (Auto/Steel Partnership)
- Strain and Stress Analysis, developed an automatic grid analysis system for a German automobile corporation (AUDI)
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications |
- Development of computerized testing system
funded by NSERC for Windtrans Systems Ltd.
- Funded by Auto/Steel Partnership, The United States Automotive Materials Partnership and Canadian Industrial Corporations to develop a tube free expansion tester, corner fill tester, hydroforming prototype/presses research and tribology (lubricant tester)
- Sheet metal forming
- Funded by AUDI Corp. in Germany. Development of an automatic grids analysis system for sheet metal strain and stress analysis.
- "Development of a Free Expansion Hydroforming Test System", Presented PMA's Metalforming Symposium
"Computergestutzte Optimierung der Webfachgeometrie (Computer Aided Optimum of Weaving Process"), Journal of Melliand Textilbereichte, Germany.
Verfahren zur Messung der Wehfach-Geometrie', Journal of International Text Bulletin, Swiss.
I enjoy working with students and like to help them.
I sometimes work as a reviewer for Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology.