Careers - September 2022
Graduates have a wide choice of career opportunities with engineering, architectural, building envelope and LEED/energy efficiency consulting offices, as well as with general and sub-contractors, estimators and building departments. Graduates are eligible for admission to the one-year Construction Project Management graduate certificate programs at Conestoga College. The following associations accept graduates for professional standing with no further academic requirements:
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI).
- Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) - Student member.
- Registered Specifications Writer (RSW), Construction Specifications Canada.
On average, 96% of co-op and 91% of non co-op graduates from the last three years (2017 to 2019) found employment within six months of graduation.
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, see the Government of Canada website: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home