Starting in fall 2020, new students in this academic program are required to participate in the Lease Your Own Device (LYOD) program offered by Conestoga College.
Returning students must bring a mobile device that meets the minimum required specifications.
Program description - September 2021
Do you want a great job when you graduate? Launch your health-care career today by applying to the Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science. Our graduates help fill a skill shortage and are in demand for jobs as data analysts, business intelligence specialists, privacy professionals, and clinical informatics specialists. The Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science (Honours) degree is an innovative four-year, paid co-op program that will prepare graduates for a number of in-demand careers in the health-care industry. Our graduates enable the health-care system to achieve its goals of person-centred, safe, high quality and sustainable health care through data-informed problem solving. Our graduates will use applied and integrated knowledge and skills from health information science, biomedical and health sciences, information technology and management sciences to positively impact the health-care system. Focusing on health informatics and health information management, students in the BAHIS degree will experience a variety of real-life learning opportunities that will enrich the learning experience. Students will be challenged to use creativity and problem-solving skills to design, implement and evaluate a broad range of projects with community partners. Students will design health informatics and information management solutions while learning to maintain security, privacy and confidentiality. The BAHIS degree will offer students opportunities to develop critical thinking and communication skills that will enable them to work successfully on inter-professional teams. Upon graduation from the program, students will qualify to challenge the national certification examination of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA). Our graduates will be eligible for careers in health informatics utilizing their skills in information technology (IT), healthcare and management.
- Advanced standing pathways are available for graduates with diplomas in health information management or in Conestoga’s Health Office Administration program.
- Successful completion of a pre-health sciences program may be considered as meeting the admission requirements. See below for details.
Tuition & fees
Tuition and fees are currently unavailable; please check back at a later time. For terms starting after May 2021, details will not be available until spring 2021.
Canadian fee details
Returning student tuition & fees
Awards & scholarships
Student Financial Services awarded more than 400 awards, scholarships and bursaries last year.
- Co-op programs add value to your education. Earn money while you apply what you've learned in a real workplace environment. Visit Co-operative education for more information.
- The College cannot guarantee co-op employment. All co-op students are required to conduct an independent co-op job search in addition to the supports and services provided by the Department of Co-op Education.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation and associated costs in order to complete work term requirements. Work locations may not always be readily accessible by public transportation.
- Students who do not secure the first work term by the start of the work term semester will be offered the option to enrol in the 14 credit Career Management in Canada GCM70000 co-op alternative. This co-op alternative involves one 3 hour on campus session per week and 12 hours per week of online and out-of-class activity.
- If GCM70000 is selected, the student must attend sessions from the first session of the term and cannot complete a co-op term for their first work term.
- GCM70000 may be delivered at the Doon, Waterloo, or Cambridge campus.
- GCM70000 is only an alternative for the first co-op work term of the program, students will still complete at least one mandatory co-op work term if they choose GCM70000.