Careers - September 2023
This program provides training and hands-on learning experiences to students in all areas of this exciting field including purchasing, continuous improvement and lean concepts, inventory, technology, logistics, leadership - all through a Systems Thinking lens. There are so many opportunities for graduates with respect to professional designations.
- Graduates of the program receive a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate.
- This program has been approved for advanced standing towards attaining the Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) designation. In addition, graduates may qualify for transfer credits that could be used for exemption from certain components of the CSCMP graduate program.
- You can achieve the ASCM CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) professional designation while at school.
- Graduates can receive exemptions from the business course requirements within the Certified Logistics Professional designation (CCLP) program, administered by CITT (Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation).
- Graduates are eligible for acceptance into the Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) designation graduate program, administered by Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMAO).
- Partnerships with professional associations including Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMAO), Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM), Ontario Public Buyers Association (OPBA) and Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation (CITT) will provide you with opportunities to network with professionals.
On average, 93% of graduates from the last three years (2018 to 2020) found employment within six months of graduation. Supply Chain and Operations Management professionals have never been more in demand. Look no further than your daily news feed to learn about companies actively recruiting.
In Canada's supply chain sector there is a greater demand for skilled graduates than there are graduates available. Our program has a long-standing reputation for providing the skills and knowledge required to play key roles in this rewarding and varied field, where graduates can make decisions that have a global impact. Program graduates work in public and private sector organizations in areas such as purchasing, inventory control, logistics, project management, distribution, planning, scheduling, systems implementation and many more.