Admissions - January 2024
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with mature student status (See Mature Student definition for details.)
Note re: admission requirements
- Mature students must demonstrate their potential to work at the post-secondary level in one of two ways:
- by successfully completing equivalency testing in English and Mathematics; or
- by completing a program of academic upgrading at a level appropriate to the program of choice (for English requirement, Conestoga College Preparatory Communications COMM1545)
- Final selection is made following an assessment of the admission requirements.
- Students are expected to demonstrate the same attention to attendance, punctuality and conduct as required by the business or industry they expect to be employed.
- Students are required to provide their own specified hand tools, CSA-approved (Omega symbol required) footwear, hard hats and safety glasses. The college provides all other tools required.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.