Admissions - September 2023
- An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent in a technology-based field such as Computing, Engineering, IT or Applications Development, with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards). or
- An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent in another field, with a minimum of 5 (five) years of full-time work experience as an IT system or network administrator or in a similar position, with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards). or
- An Ontario College diploma with a minimum of 5 (five) years of full-time work experience as an IT system or network administrator or in a similar position, with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards).
Note re: admission requirements
- Students must be able to receive instruction, respond and research in the English language
- Domestic applicants with documents (transcripts) from an educational institution from a country other than Canada must have their documents evaluated for equivalency at an approved provider of credential evaluation services. Applicants to this program require a Comprehensive or Course-by-Course Report. Please see How to Apply for more information.
- Applicants with transcripts from institutions where the language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency with a minimum test score on one of the following language proficiency tests or equivalent scores from another internationally recognized English language test:
- TOEFL iBT 88
- IELTS 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0
- CAEL 70 with no sub-test band scores less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) Band 6
- We offer a language program for students whose English language skills are below the standard required for admission but all other admission criteria have been met. You will be eligible for admission to the post-graduate program after completion of level 4 of the General Arts and Science - English Language Studies (ELS) program with an overall grade average of 80% and no grade less than 75%. Your placement in the ELS program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS.
- Submit proof of admission requirements
- Final selection is made following an assessment of the admission requirements.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.