Program description - May 2024
This program will deepen students' understanding of the testing paradigms, methodologies and tools utilized throughout the software development process. Software quality assurance requires an awareness of what constitutes quality software from the point of view of an end user, a developer, and a business, and how to create a process that can lead to quality software. Software quality control requires an awareness of how to most effectively and efficiently test the results of a software development project. As a comprehensive program, this graduate certificate will cover a wide range of topics, but ready students for the in-demand field of software quality assurance and software quality control. The optional co-op stream includes one co-op work term.
Tuition & fees
Please note: Tuition and fee details for terms starting September 2023 and later will be available Spring 2023.
Canadian fee details (non co-op option)
Returning student tuition & fees
Program device & software requirements
This program requires you to have a device that meets certain specifications. For most students, this cost is in addition to the tuition & fees listed above.view device requirements
Awards & scholarships
Student Financial Services awarded more than 400 awards, scholarships and bursaries last year.
- Co-op programs add value to your education. Earn money while you apply what you've learned in a real workplace environment. Visit Co-operative education for more information.
- The College cannot guarantee co-op employment. All co-op students are required to conduct an independent co-op job search in addition to the supports and services provided by the Department of Co-op Education.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation and associated costs in order to complete work term requirements. Work locations may not always be readily accessible by public transportation.
Applying to the co-op stream
- All applicants apply to the non co-op program. Students will be informed of the application deadline and process to apply for the Co-op Stream. Labour market conditions determine the number of co-op seats in optional co-op programs. Not every student who meets academic eligibility requirements will be admitted to the co-op stream.
- To be considered for admission to the co-op stream, students are required to achieve a minimum 80% session weighted average in Level 1 with no dropped or failed courses.
- International students will require work permits to utilize the co-op job board for job search and to accept employment. Students are currently experiencing longer than usual wait times for work permits. Please be advised that there will be no co-op program service fee refunds after the program withdrawal for refund date. Students that have not received their work permit and choose to remain in co-op after the program withdrawal for refund date do so at their own risk and will not be refunded. If you are concerned about receiving your work permit in time to achieve co-op employment, please discuss your situation with your co-op advisor as early as possible.
Delivery sequence - May 2024 - Milton - Parkhill Drive
This delivery sequence is for the non co-op option.
This delivery sequence is for the co-op option.There is no co-op delivery sequence.