Courses - September 2023
- Communicate effectively at a level appropriate to access further academic and vocational studies.
- Use complex language structures to convey meaning clearly in both written and oral communication in an academic setting.
- Identify, evaluate, and correct individual grammar and pronunciation difficulties in speech and writing in multiple contexts.
- Interpret academic-level texts critically using a variety of reading skills as appropriate.
- Apply a systematic approach to vocabulary expansion tailored to individual academic and career goals.
- Differentiate between and produce a variety of writing styles and formats used in college/university contexts.
- Identify main ideas and supporting details in post-secondary lectures and talks in order to demonstrate listening comprehension.
- Participate effectively in both formal and informal discussions and presentations in academic contexts.
- Develop skills in researching, drafting, editing, and proof-reading a variety of written documents reflecting individual academic and career goals.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving techniques in the application of research techniques to both oral and written academic assignments.
- Employ effective study skills and strategies for success in post-secondary studies in an English language context.
- Discuss various aspects of Canadian culture related to social and educational contexts.