Applying as a Canadian applicant
Domestic students should apply online or by phone at 1-888-892-2228.
Applying as an International applicant
Campus tours are one of the best ways to experience Conestoga. During this time, we are offering online guided tours to show you all Conestoga has to offer.Book your tour
If you can't make an on-campus tour or attend one of our events, the virtual tour is a great way to visit us.View our Virtual tour
Admissions - January 2023
- A two- or three-year diploma or a degree from an accredited college or university
Note re: admission requirements
- Applicants with transcripts from institutions where the language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency with a minimum test score on one of the following language proficiency tests or equivalent scores from another internationally recognized English language test:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 88
- CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) Band 6
- We offer a language program for students whose English language skills are below the standard required for admission but all other admission criteria have been met. An applicant will be eligible for admission to the graduate certificate program after completion of level 4 of the General Arts and Science - English Language Studies (ELS) program with an overall grade average of 80% and no grade less than 75%. Placement in the ELS program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS.
- Final selection is made following a review of post-secondary background.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and internet browser software in a Windows environment is recommended.
- Highly recommended that students have knowledge in spreadsheet applications such as Excel or Google Sheets.
- This is an eText program. Learn about our eText initiative.
- Academic eligibility for a co-op work term is based on the term that occurs two terms prior to any work term. Should a student's academic performance decline considerably (including cumulative missed courses) during the term just prior to any work term, the college reserves the right to withdraw the student from the upcoming work term.
- Students may only defer one work term regardless of the reason(s) (e.g. failed or missed work term).
- Students who do not successfully complete their deferred work term will be removed from the co-op stream.
- Since only one work term may be failed/deferred regardless of the reason(s), should a subsequent work term be missed/failed/unsecured (not successfully completed for any reason) the student will be immediately removed from the co-op stream.
- Students who are discontinued are not eligible for co-op work terms.Note: Students must be self-directed learners.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.