This handbook provides students with program-specific information. The material in this handbook is accurate at the date of posting and is applicable for the current academic year. Program handbooks are updated yearly and students must check for the current edition.
Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
Explore our campus & labs
Student supplied toolkits
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Safety boots or shoes (CSA Approved).
- Safety glasses (CSA Approved) or goggles over prescription eyewear.
- Hearing protection (optional). TOOLS for Semester 1 (approximately $300)
- Pocket Calculator (For MATH1227 course and shop use).
- Combination Imperial & Metric tape measure (10' preferred).
- Paint / wood scraper (minimum 9” length, pull type).
- Block plane.
- Set of chisels (long shanks): 1/4, 1/2, & 3/4.
- Dovetail saw (fine tooth point preferred).
- Combination square (45° - 90°), (metal preferred).
- Sharpening stone; combination fine (1000grit) / superfine (4000 grit) water stone.
- Hammer - 10 to 16 oz.
- Screwdriver sets: Robertson (3 sizes; red #8, green #6 & yellow #4), Phillips (#1, #2) Slot (2 sizes).
- Driver bits for Robertson #4, #6, and #8 screws (2” length preferred).
- 1 1/4 putty knife (metal preferred).
- Utility knife.
- Set of High Speed Steel drill bits (1/16 to 3/8) (Brad point tips preferred).
- 4 C clamps, minimum quantity of 2.
- 8 GB - 32 GB USB Drive.
- Portable tool box (20” to 22”), plastic or metal, and lock (so the box can be locked in the shop). Additional TOOLS for Semester 2 (approximately $100)
- Set of Allen keys – Metric (1.5mm to 10mm) & Imperial (1/16” to 3/8”), short or long arm.
- Vernier calipers – combination Metric and Imperial.
- 2- or 3-piece Nail punch set.
- Adjustable wrench (6” or 8” length preferred).
- Cabinet scraper (looks like a rectangular piece of spring steel).
- Needle nose pliers (6” or 8” length preferred). Additional TOOLS for Semester 3 (approximately $100)
- Rolls of 3/4 or 1 masking tape (student repurchases as required).
- Set of Counter sink bits for Robertson #6 and #8 size screws.
- Vix-bits (self-centering bits for Robertson #6 & #8 size screws).
- Side cutting pliers (6” length preferred).
- Chanel lock pliers (9” to 10” length preferred).
- Rubber mallet -16 to 32 oz. (white, non-marring preferred) Note:Please keep receipts for all tools in case of exchange after consulting with your instructor.
Follow us on social media and see what life is like as a Condor.