Winter 2021 registration/enrolment information
Please note: If you are an apprentice, McMaster, employment preparation or English language studies student, the process may be different. Confirm with the records officer or program administrator/coordinator of your program.
- Winter term starts January 18, 2021.
- Timetables are available December 14, 2020 for students who have paid fees or have completed a payment schedule through the Student Portal.
- Elective selection starts December 14, 2020.
- The final day to add/change courses is January 26, 2021.
- Part-time studies (day course) registration starts January 18, 2021.
It is your responsibility to ensure your timetable is accurate and all courses are accounted for, including electives. Please contact your
program coordinator for questions about your progress.
- To confirm that you are on track for program completion, log into the Student Portal and check your progress report and timetable.
IMPORTANT: Full-time students now have the option to opt-out of certain non-essential services. In addition to paying fees or having completed a Payment Schedule online through your student portal, you MUST confirm your invoice. Students will not be fully registered until fees are paid and the invoice has been confirmed. For more information, refer to Student fees.
If you need to add or drop a course, do so through the Student Portal, beginning December 14, 2020, as per your program rules.
- Extra course fees will apply for additional courses above the normal course load.
- Part-time students will be expected to pay for courses at the time of registration.
- Approximate costs:
- 42-hour course = $283.92
- 56-hour course = $374.40
- 42-hour course = $283.92
- Approximate costs:
- Students who are on academic probation may have additional restrictions placed on course registration and changes to enrolment. Contact your
program coordinator and/or the chair of your program if you have questions.
If your academic standing is Special Timetable or if you cannot make course changes through the My Courses tab in the Student Portal, please select the Forms tab in the student portal to submit an electronic request.
If you are in one of the following programs at the Kitchener - Doon campus, you must register for your courses with course-based registration.
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Financial Planning
- Business Administration - Management
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Administration - Marketing (Co-op)
- Business Administration - Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Business Administration - Supply Chain & Operations Management (Co-op)
- Business - Finance
- Business - Marketing
- Business - Purchasing
- Business Fundamentals
- Global Business Management
- Health Office Administration
- Insurance - Property & Casualty
- Insurance - Property & Casualty (Co-op)
- Medical Office Practices
- Office Administration - Executive
- Office Administration - General
- Office Administration – Legal
- Project Management
Personal information changes
Students can update their address and social insurance number through the Student Portal.
To make changes to formal information (legal name change and date of birth) in the student record, please complete the Personal Information Change Form (pdf).
To request a preferred name or preferred gender change, please complete the Student Preferred Name and/or Gender Change Request Form (pdf).
Forms should be submitted via email to StudentRecords@conestogac.on.ca.
If you need to sign up for one of your general education (diploma) or breadth (degree) electives, please review the following links to help you make your selection:
Elective - request for credit transfer
If you have credits from another college or university, you may qualify for an exemption from your elective(s). You must submit your Credit Transfer Request on the
Student Portal. Refer to
Individual credit transfers for instructions. Due to a high volume of requests
it is highly recommended that requests are submitted as far in advance of the start of the term as possible. Please allow two to three weeks for processing.
If you are applying for an exemption for an elective in the level you are currently entering, you must still attend an elective class until your transfer credit request is processed. If your elective credit transfer is approved and you are enrolled in an elective course that you then wish to drop, you must withdraw yourself from the elective course manually through the Student Portal. If you are unable to drop the course via the Student Portal, please see a records officer at your campus.
Part-time studies (day courses) registration
If you are not registered in a program and are interested in registering for a course delivered during the day as part of a full-time program, you will be able to do so beginning the first week of classes if the course is available. Registration is based on space availability in the course(s) and any prerequisites being met.
- Registration for Part-time Studies (day courses) begins January 18, 2021.
- Register using the
Part-time Studies (Day Course) Registration form.
Programs with a co-op work term
If you are not eligible for the co-op work term, or your plans have changed, please notify your
Co-op Advisor immediately.
Student Guide and Student Accident Insurance Policy
The Student Guide includes details on important dates, academic policies and procedures, fee information, services, student life and student rights and responsibilities.
Student Accident Insurance information is available at
Student Accident Insurance Information.
Conestoga email and Student Portal
Lockers, ONE Card and Parking
Information about lockers at the Cambridge - Fountain Street, Kitchener - Doon, Guelph and Waterloo campuses is available at Campus lockers.
- For information and to purchase a parking permit online for the Brantford, Cambridge - Fountain Street, Kitchener - Doon, Guelph, University Gates or Waterloo campus, go to Parking Services.
- Parking permits are to be picked up at the campus the permits are purchased for.
- Kitchener - Doon parking permits are available for pick-up between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Parking Desk is in the hallway across from the library. You will need to present your ONE Card Student Photo ID to pick up your parking permit.
- Parking permits for residence, must be purchased in person at Kitchener - Doon with Parking Services.
The Conestoga ONE Card is the official identification card for all students and employees. The card is designed to keep your life simple by offering an all-in-one solution for identity validation during exam writing, purchasing (no cash needed!), accessing eligible on- and off-campus services (e.g. printing, borrowing books, lab access), and using the Grand River Transit system. Your ONE Card is available in both physical and digital formats.
If you haven't uploaded your student identification photo OR you are a full-time registered student and have not yet received your physical ONE Card, visit
Get your card.
For more information about using your ONE Card as a form of payment and where and how you can use your ONE Card, visit Use your card.
If your ONE Card is lost or stolen, suspend it immediately.
Conestoga Students Incorporated (CSI) has partnered with Grand River Transit to provide Conestoga College full-time registered students within Waterloo Region the opportunity to purchase a GRT Term Pass (4-months) at a discounted rate of $300.
Purchase your bus pass online through the
ONE Card portal with debit card or credit card.
Stay up to date on all ONE Card services by visiting ONE Card.
Details regarding OSAP loan information are available at Student Financial Services and OSAP.
RPN-BSCN and BSCN STUDENTS
All course registration is through the McMaster MOSAIC system.
If you have concerns about course registration, please review the enrolment information on McMaster's website or contact Ada Harrison, your academic advisor, at 519-748-5220, ext. 3689 or email@example.com.
For general help questions, you can also email McMaster at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding tuition billing/fees, please contact Elizabeth Record in the Office of the Registrar at 519-748-5220, ext. 3337 or
|Locker information||Refer to Lockers|
|OSAP loan information|| Refer to
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)|
|ONE Card Student Photo ID||Refer to Conestoga ONE Card. The ONE Card is the official identification card for all daytime students.|
|Student Accident Insurance Policy Brochure||Refer to Student Accident Insurance|
|Parking information||Refer to Parking Services|
|McMaster Cancellation Fee Schedule||Refer to Course Cancellation Schedule|
|Important McMaster Academic Dates and Deadlines||Refer to Academic Calendars|
| Important Conestoga Academic Dates and Deadlines
||Refer to Academic Dates|
It is your responsibility to check your
McMaster student email regularly, as important information is sent to both accounts. In addition, please ensure that you verify your personal information through the
Conestoga Student Portal.