- Grade 12 (or equivalent) Exceptions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- 16 years of age and over
- A resident of, and able to work in, Ontario
- Attend a Program Information Session
- Complete a Conestoga College application form
- Complete tests in Mathematics, Mechanical Reasoning and English and:
- Applicants who complete the required tests may be invited to return for an interview
- Acceptance is based on a combination of the test results and the personal interview
WIST is a tuition free program funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, Women's Issues
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate the same attention to attendance, punctuality and honourable conduct as would be required by businesses in the industry in which they expect to be employed.
- Applicants are advised that manual dexterity and the ability to work at heights and in various climactic conditions are frequent prerequisites for employment in this field. The physical demands of this program reflect industry requirements (e.g. lifting, carrying, climbing, etc.) and require students to be physically fit in order to participate adequately.
- A valid driver's licence is often required for employment in this industry.
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College’s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College. Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.