Develop and enhance stakeholder relationships and partnerships and support employers in responding to changing social and economic conditions while optimizing organizational performance and supporting environmental sustainability
For Conestoga, strategic growth, collaborative partnerships, community engagement and responsible resource management provide a strong foundation for the achievement of our ambitious vision.
During 2020-2021, the college adopted a flexible, coordinated and responsive approach to managing operations through the unique challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. These efforts have been instrumental in protecting the health, safety and well-being of the Conestoga community while positioning our college for future success.
By reducing costs where possible and focusing our efforts on optimizing student access and support, Conestoga succeeded in meeting and exceeding performance expectations in 2020- 2021. Despite lower revenues from tuition and student fees as the result of lower enrolment, the college ended the year with a financial surplus that will support our efforts to contribute to Ontario’s post-pandemic recovery.
As pandemic restrictions ease, there are clear indications that demand for Conestoga programs will continue to increase. More than 11,500 fulltime students are enrolled in Spring 2021, a 44 per cent year-over-year increase, and up more than 56 per cent from Spring 2019. Corporate training and workforce development initiatives provide additional capacity to address workforce skills gaps, particularly in the health care and manufacturing sectors.
Building on past success, we will continue to focus on responsible management of college resources, enhanced partnerships and additional revenue generation as we work towards the realization of our ambitious vision.
- Plan and manage financial and operating resources to support the sustainable delivery of Conestoga’s programs and services and enable the continued expansion of programming and services.
- Contribute to Canada’s fight against climate change through the development of innovative environmental solutions for industry as well as continued efforts to improve energy efficiency, reduce GHG emissions, and implement waste reduction and diversion strategies across college operations.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and plans that differentiate the college, reflect the brand, and drive overall growth.
- Engage proactively with employers, business, community and government partners to address evolving expectations and priorities, respond to changing workforce and community needs, and increase understanding of Conestoga’s role and importance in the prosperity and well-being of regions across southwestern Ontario and beyond.
- Work with and support employers in understanding and responding to changing social, economic, and market trends and demands with a particular focus on the skilled trades and the opportunities afforded by the green economy.
- Position Conestoga as a vital component
in the social and economic recovery and
future development of the municipalities
and regions we serve.