Program detailsCredential: 1-Year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
This one-year Graduate Certificate program builds on prior education to prepare students with the specialized knowledge and skills to collect, analyze and present big data.
Students develop a solid foundation of skills in solution development, database design, data processing, data warehousing and data visualization through classroom instruction, hands-on exercises, case studies and problem-based learning.
Co-op students and graduates are well-prepared to support business analysis through turning data into useful insights and helping stakeholders make more informed decisions.
Student availability & wage data
Conestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Work Term*: $17.25-33
*Note: students are available for all semesters: fall (September to the end of December); winter (January to the end of April); and spring (May to the end of August).
Conestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students and offers suggested ranges as a service to employers for the purpose of establishing fair and competitive compensation.
Our experience has been that employers increase wages as skills increase, particularly when employing students for more advanced work terms. The Co-operative Education Office can provide assistance to employers in establishing appropriate wage rates.
Work term capabilities
- Develop high quality software solutions to collect, manipulate and mine data sets to satisfy the business requirements of organizations
- Analyze different system architectures and data storage technologies in order to select appropriate solutions to support data analytics requirements
- Design data models that satisfy business process requirements
- Design and present data visualizations to communicate information to business stakeholders
- Apply business analytics and business intelligence tools to support evidence-based decision making
- Apply appropriate privacy and security measures in collecting, processing, and visualizing data
- Employ environmentally sustainable practices within the field of data analytics
- Apply basic entrepreneurial strategies to identify and respond to new opportunities
Sample job titles
- Data Analyst
- Data Visualization Developer
- Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist
- BI Solutions Assistant
- BI Solutions Coordinator
- BI Solutions Architect
- Analytics Specialist
- Business Analytics Specialist
Contact informationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant