Program detailsCredential: 3-Year Ontario College Advanced Diploma
This three-year co-op program provides students with a broad base of practical marketing and business-related courses. The program prepares students for work in marketing, retailing, small business, social media marketing, online marketing, advertising, professional selling, and general business administration positions in a wide variety of high technology, industrial, commercial, retail and service organizations. Students are advised not to apply for 100% commission or direct to-home selling positions.
Student availability & wage data
Conestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year||Fall (Sept - Dec)||Winter (Jan - Apr)||Spring (May - Aug)|
|Year 2||Classes||Work Term 1: $15.50–20||Work Term 2: $16.50-24|
Conestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students and offers suggested ranges as a service to employers for the purpose of establishing fair and competitive compensation.
Our experience has been that employers increase wages as skills increase, particularly when employing students for more advanced work terms. The Co-operative Education Office can provide assistance to employers in establishing appropriate wage rates.
Work term capabilities
Work terms 1 and 2
- Apply strategic thinking skills, excellent written and verbal proficiency with the ability to analyze and forecast
- Provide marketing assistance in industrial, consumer or retail organizations
- Demonstrate knowledge of inside sales or retail sales techniques
- Apply computer skills in Photoshop and InDesign as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Write an Advertising or Direct Marketing plan determining target audience, product concept, media and message strategies
- Write draft copy for print and radio ads
- Design print ads and collateral material using Photoshop and InDesign
- Conduct thorough secondary research
- Perform basic database operations using Salesforce.com
- Setup and/or manage social media channels
- Generate online content for website and/or social platforms including blogs, vlogs, and graphics
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns
Sample job titles
- Marketing Coordinator
- Events Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Sales Representative
- Customer Service/Inside Sales
- Client Services Administrator
- Direct Marketing Assistant
To see a typical course list for this program, see the current program course information.
Contact informationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant
519-748-5220 ext. 3678