IRCC-related information

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)-related information

Create an IRCC account to manage your applications and account information.

With an IRCC secure account, you can:

  • Start an application with IRCC
  • Submit and pay for your application
  • Check the status of your application
  • Receive and view messages from IRCC
  • Update your designated learning institution (DLI) information

IRCC-related videos

We have created helpful videos to show you how to create an IRCC online account and how to understand your study permit.

Recent updates from IRCC

Learn how IRCC updates affect you.

Post-graduation work permit eligibility requirements: authorized leave documentation

This update may interest students who are planning to take a leave from studies  

On January 10, 2022 IRCC added new information that affects Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) applications when international students take a leave from their studies.   

What hasn't changed: International students are allowed to take a leave from studies, if such leave is authorized by the college and it isn't longer than 150 days.   

What's new: From now on, PGWP applications will have to include documentation from the college proving authorization for taking the leave in their application.   

For more information, visit Post-graduation work permit eligibility requirements.

Students planning to take a leave from studies must contact their International Student Advisor (ISA) first to find out what steps they need to follow, the implications of taking a leave from studies and what to do if they plan to be away from their studies for more than 150 days.